Rules & Criteria
- Arab Cartoonists, professionals who are residing in an Arab Country or abroad
- The work must have been published in print or digitally
- Publication dates must range between 2017-2018 in all categories except Graphic Novels which include works published between 2016-2018
- Up to 3 submissions are allowed (in same or different categories) for each artist
- Works that participated in other competitions are welcome
- All genres and techniques (hand drawn or using computer software, collages etc.), studies in black and white or color are accepted and must bear the signature of the artist
- A graphic novel is defined as a book format with more than 30 pages
- Selected graphic novels must be sent full / in low resolution to an email provided at a later date
Candidates must submit their work online by filling the submission form.
No entry fee is needed.
- Submitted work must be scanned at 300 dpi resolution, and saved in JPG format, then combined into a PDF document for multiple pages
- Please do not upload work higher than 20 MB
Kindly submit your art work through filling the online form according to these categories:
- EDITORIAL CARTOONS: submit 3 samples of your published cartoons
- GRAPHIC NOVELS: submit the front cover, back cover, 3 pages high resolution, also submit full graphic novel (low or medium resolution) to be sent to email@example.com with your name, title of work, nationality and publisher
- COMIC STRIPS: submit 3 sample strips of your published work, please make sure to submit title of work, location, publisher, date.
- GRAPHIC ILLUSTRATIONS: submit 3 sample illustrations of your published work (Information graphics are welcome)
- CHILDREN’S BOOK ILLUSTRATIONS: submit the Cover and 3 sample pages with layout
RULES and REGULATIONS
- Forms must be filled in detail and completed
- Any art work containing explicitly or implicitly offensive characters or wording that defame, insult, or humiliate any country, religion, culture or public figure will be automatically disqualified.
- The participant will be solely responsible for any possible copyright issues at any time, prior, during or after this competition.
- Plagiarized material and imitations will be automatically disqualified and the participant will be barred from this competition or any future one